Competitive Intramural Sports Program
The intramural (IM) program is an important part of each officer cadet's overall Athletic Component and contributes to:
- the improvement of physical fitness;
- providing leadership opportunities;
- creating a competitive environment;
- exposing officer cadets to a variety of sports;
- the development of team spirit and esprit-de-corps; and
- the promotion of an active and healthy lifestyle.
The IM program, in conjunction with varsity athletics, allows every Officer Cadet the opportunity to compete in a wide variety of team sports while being put in different situations to practice and improve upon many of the sports skills he/she has learned in the physical education program.
The IM Program is composed of:
- Intra-Squadron Sports Competitions which are conducted in the Fall and Winter on Tuesday and Thursday evenings; and
- Wing Sports Days, which take place on a Saturday or Sunday and involves all Officer Cadets in the Wing (normally in Sep and Feb).
Based on the results of the league and sports day competitions, points will be awarded to each squadron that will go towards points for the Commandant's Challenge.
- Water Polo
- Ice Hockey
- Ball Hockey
- Ultimate Disc
- Ice Hockey
- Inner Tube Water Polo
- Flag Football
For more information about our programs, please feel free to contact:
Christine Powers-Tomsons - Recreation and Intramural Manager
613-541-6000 ext 6411
Ryan Thompson - Intramural Coordinator
613-541-6000 ext 8742