Indexes and Databases
The Royal Military College of Canada Library
Some of the links below lead to a site belonging to an entity not subject to the Official Languages Act. Information on this site is available in the language of the site.
- Online content from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, McGraw-Hill Yearbooks of Science & Technology, and the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms.
- American Chemical Society
- This database provides full-text access to over 30 journals published by the American Chemical Society.
- Annual Reviews
- Annual Reviews offers analytic reviews in 40 disciplines within the biomedical, life, physical, and social sciences. The articles are frequently cited in scientific literature.
- Arctic & Antarctic Regions (through CFVL)
- Arctic & Antarctic Regions is a collection of international polar databases covering a wide variety of sources on cold regions, from multiple disciplines.
- Bibliography on Cold Regions Science and Technology (American Geological Institute)
- Includes coverage of reports published by CRREL (U.S. Army. Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory). CRREL Technical Publications from 1995 to the present are accessible on the web. Older reports are available in print at the library.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) Web Information Service
- Contact Library staff for login information.
- This service includes the following databases:
- MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets)
- CHEMINFO - Comprehensive health and safety information on pure chemicals
- CHEMpendium - CHEMINFO, CESARS, CHRIS, DSL/NDSL, HSDB, NJHS Fact Sheets, NIOSH Pocket Guide, Transport TDG, Transport49CFR
- RTECS - Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances
- OSHReferences -OSHLINE, NIOSHTIC, NIOSHTIC-2, HSELINE, CISILO, Canadiana
- Canadian enviroOSH Legislation plus Standards
- CANDID: Canadian Defence Information Database, Defence Research & Development Canada
- A searchable database of Canadian, British, and American classified and unclassified documents of a scientific and technical nature related to defence. Documents are available for ordering. For further information regarding services, or for a search, please contact the Massey Library. Note: this service is only available to Royal Military College staff, faculty and students . A database including only unclassified, unlimited reports can be found on the Defence Research & Development Canada - Publications web page.
- CiteSeer is a scientific literature digital library that indexes postscript and PDF research articles on the Web and provides such features as citation indexes.
- InfoTrac General Science eCollection
- This database provides the full-text of over 500 journals providing current information on scientific developments.
- INIS (International Nuclear Information System), 1970-
- INIS is a bibliographical database produced by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that indexes journal articles, research reports, and conference papers on the peaceful applications of nuclear science and technology.
- Inspec, 1896-
- Inspec is a bibliographic database produced by the Institution of Engineering and Technology . It indexes the world's scientific and technical literature in the areas of physics, electrical engineering, electronics, communications, control engineering, computers and computing, and information technology, covering over 3,500 journals. It is also the premiere source of indexing for IEEE publications, which the library subscribes to in their entirety.
- Institute of Physics
- This database provides full-text access to over 35 journals published by the Institute of Physics.
- MathSciNet, 1940-
- MathSciNet is a database providing access to the fulltext of 2 journals:
- Mathematical Reviews, a reviewing journal of international mathematics literature that provides bibliographic citations and, in some cases, a short review
- Current Mathematical Publications, a subject index of bibliographic data for recent and forthcoming publications.
- NASA Scientific and Technical Information
- Searchable databases of U.S. and foreign technical reports on aerospace research.
- Oxford Journals Collection and Archive
- The Oxford Journals Collection offers full text for more than 200 journals in the areas of medicine, sciences, humanities, social sciences, and law.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- This database provides full-text access to over 25 journals published by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Science Online
- Electronic version of Science Magazine.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier), 1995-
- This database provides full-text access to over 1800 peer-reviewed journals published by Elsevier and its subsidiaries. It covers disciplines in science and engineering, life sciences, health sciences, and social sciences and humanities.
- Scientific and Technical Information Network, U.S. Defence Technical Information Center
- A searchable database of DTIC reports
- SciFinder – Remote access is available only through the portal or the VPN server.
- SciFinder retrieves information from CAS databases including CAplus (Chemical Abstracts, 1907-), CASRegistry, CASREACT, CA Patent Index, ChemCats (chemical supplier information), CHEMLIST (regulatory information), and MEDLINE. The CAplus database indexes over 9,000 chemistry and chemical engineering journals, as well as patents originating from over 40 organizations. There is also some coverage of such areas as agricultural science, medical science, physics, geology, food science, biology and life science, materials science and engineering science in general. Features such as citation indexes are provided. (Please note that access is restricted to Royal Military College staff, faculty and students.)
- This database provides full-text access to over 1,200 journals published by Springer and its subsidiaries.
- Web of Knowledge, 2004-
- The Web of Knowledge provides access to current and retrospective
multidisciplinary information from approximately 8,700 of the world's
leading scholarly research journals. It also provides *cited reference
searching*. The following databases are included:
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index
- Science Citation Index
- Social Science Index
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- Wiley Online Library
- Wiley Blackwell offers over 1400 full-text journal titles in areas such Business, Economics, and Finance, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Education, Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Information Science and Computing, Law and Criminology, Life Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Medical, Veterinary and Health Sciences, Physics and Astronomy, Polymers and Materials Science, and Psychology.
For help, contact the Massey Library.